A. Information Collected
LearningPlunge collects and stores the PII that you have provided to us. Some examples of manners in which we may collect your PII on the Sites include:
(1) Active Collection
We collect and store PII from you directly, at the time you supply information to us via the Sites. If you do not want LearningPlunge to collect your PII, please do not provide it to us. The information we actively collect from you may include:
• Email address, first and last names, telephone number, and billing and shipping information if you purchase a product via the Sites;
• Email address, first and last names, telephone number, and billing information if you donate to LearningPlunge via the Sites;
• First and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
• First and last name , and email address if you contact us with a question.
(2) Passive Collection
We may collect information passively while you are visiting or interacting with the Sites. We call this “passive” collection because you may not know this information is being collected. The information we passively collect from you may include:
• Internet Protocol (IP) address – Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We may use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request.
• Cookie – A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie may be placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or may be read if the user has visited the Sites previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
• Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”) – “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
• Demographic Information – “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We may use this information to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
We use PII that is collected on these Sites primarily for the following purposes:
• To complete a transaction or service requested by you, including your purchase of a product or your donation;
• To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us;
• If you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, to fulfill the terms of that sweepstakes or contest, including sharing your information for prize fulfillment purposes (e.g., with mail carriers); or
• As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
Non-PII may be used as described above or in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-PII with PII, which would then render it PII.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose your PII in the following instances:
a. To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other PII provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card, or to ship your purchase to you).
b. To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question.
c. To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, hosting and website content management system services, and maintaining and analyzing data). Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites may have access to users’ PII, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not submit any PII to us.
d. To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of LearningPlunge and its Sites, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
e. To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
f. To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive PII about you from such services.
D. Collection and Use of Information from Kids
We do not knowingly collect or store PII from children under the age of 13. If we learn that PII from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to us, we will delete it without undue delay.
E. International Transfer of Information
We may communicate with users of the Sites who subscribe to services we offer on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where PII is collected or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email.
G. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and/or contact them directly.
In the event that all or part of our assets or sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the PII and Non-PII collected via the Sites.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to LearningPlunge is done at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing PII to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
K. Accessing Your PII and Privacy Preferences
We provide you with an opportunity to access your PII to ensure it is correct, accurate, and current. To edit your PII or to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
L. Your California Privacy Rights and How We Respond to Do Not Track Requests
LearningPlunge does not support Do Not Track browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your PII or Non-PII.
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding LearningPlunge’s disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
M. Contacting LearningPlunge